I took a big risk this weekend. I made not-soup. It took me weeks to figure out how to make it. I decided early on that it couldn’t both look good and be any kind of soup with chunks in it. So some kind of tomato or butternut squash soup it was.
This was my reference image.
I started by lining the bowls, but quickly gave up on that effort.
It’s really easy to poke holes in the foil.
That’s right, I made soup with melted wax.
I ended up pouring most of my pure red candle wax into the base of the bowl, and then covering a color-altered version made with a mixture of crayons and the red wax. You can see the base version on the right.
Add a little paint and some fabric garnish, and voila! Soup! Or rather, not-soup!